For all distances this will be at the Erbusco town square. The town is very excited about the event and has made many of its facilities available to our riders.
If you wish to arrive early, there are several places in the area to stay the night before. More information will follow shortly.
You need to find the route yourself, using a GPS device. Final GPS files will be emailed to you approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
There will be mechanical support at the aid stations. PLEASE NOTE there will not be any mechanical support in-between the aid stations, you need to be self-sufficient on the route.
Nutrition station/checkpoint for the 300km:
- Bossico after about 90km
- Croce domini after about 160km ( workshop available )
- 1 pump
- 1 clippers
- 3 tire tools
- 4 inner tubes
- 2 WTB tires
- 1 three legs wrench 4,5,6
- Lodrino after about 230km
Nutrition station/checkpoint for the 150km:
- Bossico after about 90km
- Sale Maresino after about 110km
At the nutrition stations you will find rice salad, fruits, cakes, sandwiches and water.
- Boario Terme ( look for a B&B )
The first edition of Jeroboam Gravel Challenge will have two kind of ranks: the first one will concern gravel bikes, and the other one will concern mountain bikes
The Jeroboam is a non-competitive cycling event organized by Giangi’s Bike in collaboration with 3T Cycling Srl and its selected partners, which will take place in Erbusco, Brescia, Italy on Saturday 20th May and Sunday, 21st May 2017. For the purpose of this event, 3T Cycling Srl will operate under the name “Jeroboam”.Art. 2 – Routes and Starting times
The Jeroboam offers three different routes:
- 300km (non-competitive) – participants over 65 years of age are not allowed;
- 150km (non-competitive) – all ages over 18 years are admitted;
- 75km (competitive) – it follows the FCI rules:
- Elite, Under 23, Professional riders
- Master (all categories 1,2,3,4,5,6)
- Junior (18-19 years)
Each participant may choose the route that best suits his or her fitness level and the choice of route must be indicated during the registration process. Choice of routs may not be modified after registration.
Routes will be signposted with arrows; nevertheless, participants should make reference to the GPS routes. Maps and GPS files can be downloaded from the official website www.jeroboam.bike.
Starting times will be as follows for the various routes:
- For the 300km, the start is on Saturday, May 20th at 4.00 p.m.
- For the 150km, the start is on Sunday, May 21st at 6.00 a.m.
- For the 75km, the start is on Sunday, May 21st at 9.00 a.m.
Those starting before 6.30 am, must have front and rear lights fitted on their bicycles, according to the Italian Rules of the Road (Codice della Strada).Art. 3 – Participation and medical certificate
The Jeroboam is open to all participants of both sexes who are at least 18 years old.
ATTENTION! Since 2015 Italian law requires all participants to provide the organizers with a medical certificate that must be for competitive cycling sports for all routes.
The medical certificate must be valid on the date of the ride and anyone who does not respect this requirement will not be considered registered and the registration fee shall not be reimbursed.
Gravel and MTB bikes are admitted to the Jeroboam, while we suggest not to use road bikes, due to the types of routes, mainly gravel and off-road routes, which are not appropriate for road bikes. For tough gravel riding, 35mm or wider gravel tires are a definite advantage, while for the Jeroboam 300 and Magnum 150 we recommend 40+ mm GravelPlus tires but large cross tires can work too. Participants are responsible for their own choice of bikes.Art. 5 – Equipment
The participants should bring (and use, as appropriate) the following equipment for the selected route:
- Lights sufficient to ride in the dark for at least 6 hours (route of 300km);
- GPS device with sufficient battery life (or additional batteries) for the duration of the selected ride;
- Waterproof jacket and additional clothing as appropriate;
- 1.5 litres or more of fluids;
- Basic first aid kit;
- Spare parts as appropriate (derailleur hangers, brake pads, inner tubes, CO2 cartridges, full-size pump, multitool, chain links, lubrication);
- Cell phone.
The Jeroboam 300km and the Magnum 150km are a NON-COMPETITIVE LEISURE RIDE, while the Standard 75km is a COMPETITIVE RIDE, on both asphalt and gravel roads. The route is entirely open to traffic and cyclists must therefore respect the Italian Rules of the Road (Codice della Strada).Art. 7 – Registration fee, medical certificate and insurance policy
Participation to the event is permitted only to those who qualify for the event and who have paid the registration fee and sent their valid medical certificate to the organisers. During the event, cyclists who have not registered may not join the ride, at risk of being removed. In case of accidents, they will be held responsible for any damage caused.
Cyclists who have been disqualified by their federations or clubs for doping or any other reason, will not be admitted.
The organisers of the Jeroboam may, at any time and at their own incontestable discretion, with no need to provide any explanation, decide whether or not to accept any registration.
The registration fee, regardless of the amount paid, includes:
- “RACE PACK” with event souvenirs (guaranteed to the first 150 entrants);
- RACE NUMBER for the jersey and the bicycle;
- ROAD BOOK for the check stamps;
- JEROBOAM MAP including details of the routes, food stops and checkpoints;
- CHECKPOINTS in varying numbers according to each route;
- PASTA PARTY at the end of the event;
- SHOWERS at the village.
All foreign participants and Italians who are not members of the Italian Cycling Federation (FCI) or other clubs (membership of other sports such as triathlons, athletics, etc. is not valid) may take part in the Jeroboam only by requesting the activation of a daily insurance cover when registering. The cost of the insurance to be added to the registration fee is € 5.00 per person.Art. 8 – Payment method
Your registration can only be paid for by credit card/PayPal through the link Mysdam on the official website www.jerobaom.bike, that will be made available prior to the event.
Cheques, bank transfers or other forms of payment will not be accepted.
Registration can be considered valid only once online registration has been completed on the official website www.jeroboam.bike, the entire fee has been deposited, the medical certificate or documentation proving membership of one of the recognised sport’s organisations has been received by the organisation and the organisation has confirmed the validity of all of the above.
If the medical certificate or sport’s club membership is missing or does not respect the Italian law, or if the organization for any other reason does not accept the registration, the registration will be annulled and the relative RACE NUMBER will be made available for resale.
Substitutions are not permitted nor is it possible to postpone the registration the following year.
If an entrant is unable to participate in the event, he/she will not be entitled to the refund of the registration fee. However, the organisers reserve the inalienable right to evaluate cases of “inability to participate due to injury”.
RACE PACKS with NUMBERS will be distributed in Erbusco on Saturday, May 20th from 02.30 to 04.00 p.m.
ATTENTION! To collect the RACE PACK, you will be requested to produce a valid form of ID. The RACE PACK will only be given individually to registered participants (no delegation possible) and no exceptions will be made.
The participant shall wear the number attributed to him/her visibly on his/her jersey and/or on any other place indicated by the organization at all times during the event.
The time limits within which the routes must be completed are:
- by 6.00 p.m. of Sunday, May 21st for the 300km route;
- by 4.00 p.m. of Sunday, May 21st for the 150km and 75km routes;
For the 300km route, please respect the Località Ceratelo cut-off (the cut-off time will be communicated soon).
Medical assistance is not provided along the routes, except a medical S.O.S. in the case of emergencies. Mechanical assistance is not provided. Private vehicles may not aid during the event.
Details regarding the checkpoints will be published on the website.Art. 14 – Checkpoint stamps
Checkpoint stamps are the only proof of the route undertaken. The Road Book will be stamped at the start, along the route and at the finish line.Art. 15 – Prizes
The winners of each routes of the Jeroboam will receive a prize that can be collected in the village area. Participants must present themselves with the stamped road book in order to collect the prize.Art. 16 – Complaints
Any complaints should be sent to the organisers by email: email@example.com within fifteen days of publication of the list of participants who completed the ride.Art.17 – Informazioni www.jeroboam.bike firstname.lastname@example.org
- The RACE KIT, with some gift linked to the event (guaranteed to the first 150 entrants);
- The NUMBER to place on the back of the jersey and the one to attach on the bike;
- The ROAD BOOK for the check stamps
- The Jeroboam MAP with the details of each route;
- The REST POINTS linked to the different routes;
- The PASTA PARTY at the end of the event;
- The SHOWERS at the arrival;
- The RACE KIT also includes technical support to the village for the setup of your bike.
- chance to register to races and race bag’s pick up
- expositive village opening
- gravel track for children
- numbers distribution for amateur category, judges not required
- dalle 16.00
- start of Jeroboam 300 km
- chance to have dinner at the expositive village
- dalle 06.00
- start of Magnum 150 km
- numbers distribution for amateur and competitive categories
- start of Standard 75 km, special stages details:
- First special stage in Sulzano at 10.30/11.00, untill 11.30/12.00
- Second special stage in Brione from 12.30 to 13.30
- Third special stage in Erbusco from 14.30715.00 to 15.30
- Standard 75 km cut-off
- termine Standard 75 km
- pasta party
- Jeroboam 300 km and Magnum 150 km cut-off
With the endorsement of Comune di Erbusco
The Jeroboam Gravel Challenge will start from Erbusco (BS) and it will push towards Franciacorta and Sebino.
More info to email@example.com